Programs Offered at this Campus
Our Denver location specializes in offering Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Our programs focus on one of the most in-demand application areas for sonography. Our General Sonography focus includes both Abdominal and Obstetric and Gynecological applications and provides exposure to Vascular Ultrasound, another common use of Ultrasound Technology.
There are many potential benefits to a Sonography career, including:
- Personal Satisfaction – helping others in your profession, and being a valued member of a healthcare team can be very satisfying
- Job Growth – the United States Department of Labor statistics indicate “Employment of diagnostic medical sonographers is expected to increase by about 18 percent through 2018 – faster than the average for all occupations – as the population ages, increasing the demand for diagnostic imaging and therapeutic technology.”*
- Work Environments – can include hospitals, mobile services, imaging centers or a physician’s office
- Flexible Work Schedules – can include Part-time, Full-time or PRN (as needed)
- Professional Advancement Opportunities – exist through continuing education courses, cross training, application specialties, and relocation possibilities
There is little better than the feeling that comes from knowing that what you do for work actually makes a difference. Sonographers know that feeling. Physicians recommend Ultrasounds as a diagnostic tool. Sonographers are specially trained to provide studies to physicians that enable them to diagnose health issues and treat them appropriately, or provide patients the comfort of knowing everything is ok. Whether it is the adult heart that is shown to be healthy, the improperly functioning heart valve that is caught in time, or the fetus whose sex is revealed to expectant parents, every study performed and every patient met is an achievement in helping others.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition
Take the first step by requesting information today!
- Financial aid available for those who qualify
- Admissions to this program requires a Bachelor's degree in any field
- Job search assistance